The sweet sorrow of this century- Vol.1

· 

.

Yet another article about the internet *face palms with a wink*. If you haven't checked my first post about the internet, what are you waiting for😱? Be rest assured I got you covered, click here to go.



To become global with your business, art, talent, opinions, or even your personal life, the internet is the one and only channel. The universe is as good as it is bad, all you need is to brace yourself for whichever side is dished to you.

From picture sharing to video sharing platforms to microblogging sites, to news sites, to online business, the internet is a mega dose of the major parts of our lives.
Back in secondary school when there were argumentative essays about the good or bad of the internet, I'd always opted for the former because everyone said it was a good place. Recently I beg to differ from my old view as I consider neutrality as the gold- the internet has marred as well as made.


This is an unseen picture of the mouths of those who poke into issues that are not theirs on Twitter...the creator of the logo saw the future of the site, I guess.

That being said, I'll begin with Twitter, the microblogging site that lets you share your views about everything! You share your opinions about societal issues, share thought-provoking lines, retweet others' ideas that you connect with, the usual like and response, and laugh or feel sorry for the scary savagery from users
While screenshots of awful lines from Twitter are being shared on Instagram, Twitter remains the centre of barbarity.

You could write something as basic as: "My parents love me", whilst you get responses as follows:
"How sure are you that they love you"? Dude, my parents, not yours. I don't need no court evidence to prove to your sad self.

And there are the ones who after being enrolled in a special school, guardians refused to take away their phone or laptop.
"I think I've seen your parents loving ur other siblings, dis is ridiculous! Bring it down". Really bruv??

These replies are from the ones who make so much effort at infusing their new learnt phrases into every situation. Don't stress over these kinds of replies, you know them by their opening phrase:
"According to the law of nature, humans can't love one another equally, your parents love each other already, it's not possible they can love you as much".

Life is a circus to the writers of replies like this, reply to them in a sassy way or don't reply at all, or else you become the sad and pained party:
"Hey, @someone there's a delusional guy who thinks his parents love him...haha".

The aim of these people is to offload their baggage of frustration on another person. Once you see replies like this, my friend...run!!!
"And so? What if they love you? Should a press conference be organised because of that? Go sleep, dude".

"People who confess their parents' love for them are the absolute worst! What about people who've lost theirs? Smh".

"It's blasphemous 2 start d word parents with a small letter. Gain sum respect 4 ur parents else ur kids do same 2 u". We get that you're a believer, but hello, I did not sign up for a sermon session..from YOU!

Those comments that end (or begin) with phrases like "I'm a big fan of you, but...", "Am not tryna hate, but...", once it has a but, be prepared for a bomb in the subsequent lines.
"Hey @writer I know you too well, you were in my 6th form, your parents do not love you. Don't lie to the world. No hard feelings tho". How about you keep your mouth shut with no hard feelings?

Do not even bother reading this twice:
"K we know so f*** out I've got an exam". But no one forced a reply out of your fingers that are supposed to be flipping the pages of your multiplication table.

Numerous times, my reply to these sorts of comments is: "but it's none of your business though. Why take on another person's headache? Even paid mourners to get paid, yet you're here getting no dime from an opinion that lifts no hair from your skin". But each time I never type nor hit Enter.

Yet Twitter remains one of the sites that have lent a voice to the voiceless, that has replaced placards with hashtags, and has given chance for a Head of State to acknowledge an ordinary man's words, it remains the site that has let borders be crossed and unite against many courses.

 

If Twitter is a street, Instagram is an expressway. If in 2018 you're not registered on this picture sharing app, then you're an exception to the "norm". This is a non-reality TV site symbolised with a square and colourful icon conferred with immortality unless the makers crash the app (which I'm sure some users will revive with a bulk of their precious resources).

What is the hype about this site? It's simple...I show you every detail of my life, you either love it, get jealous of it, critique it, shame it, analyse it, worship it and the list goes on; while I watch strangers like it, blush at comments, clap back at dirty comments, ignore the "sincere" comments, and complain about people's prying eyes into my affair...simple!

Let's take an important turn at this point- Instagram and trolls- celebrity focus.

This is like bread and butter, or more universally, like burger and chips- they are inseparable. I read comments on IG and my brain runs at an amazing speed to think of how someone could type a few words that is more dangerously potent than a snake venom.

Each time I scroll past the screenshot of a painful exchange between a troll and his victim, the thought of wanting to be a celebrity or just being in the limelight 'de-flashes' in my head.

Trolling is not uncommon in Twitter, but IG carries the lion's share of this infamous word. I've never posted a thing on my two active Twitter accounts because my harmless post could be the subject of someone's fury, joke, or reconstruction. This takes me to the question:
What do people think of celebrities? Are some robots immune to dumps of hurtful words? If they were, the genre of melodrama wouldn't be hits at the box office.

The trolls however are in various categories:

The non-familial aunties.

These people did not make it to the family pedigree as the monitoring spirit-aunties, so what do they do?, they make it a point of duty to point out "mistakes", correct them and report to the internet family. They are absolutely easy to spot because they are on every comment section scolding someone's stylist, or creating a whore out of someone with a bikini picture, slamming a couple that got divorced, or comparing an ordinary child with her extraordinary counterparts or parents. They know everything about every face on the internet and will stop at nothing to make a saint out of everyone.



While you wait for the second part of this endless topic, let me know in the comments box if you've been a victim of a troll or..why you trolled someone haha.


· Till next week...be healthy!

Comments

You Can Also Read...

6 Years Later: Dissecting The Myths

At 23: A Birthday Memoir

Is premarital sex wrong?